Private and guided tour on landing beaches
Private and guided tour on amercian sector
Discover pointe du Hoc, le cimetière Américain, Omaha beach and the artificial harbor at Arromanches during half a day :
Departure from you hotel at Caen 09:00am / Return 3:00pm - 6 hours tour - Lunch not included
40 minutes driving, the DDay landing beaches :
- Point of Hoc : in the heart of sadness. Landscapes consisted of wide craters of shell, of bunkers, barbed wires. It is here that 225 American rangers on June 6th, 1944 landed.
- Omaha Beach : dozens of thousand men are going to land at the dawn of June 6th, 1944 under bombs. The losses will be terrible.
- American Cemetery of Colleville-sur-mer : here rest the bodies of 9387 American soldiers died during the World War II. The emotion reigns on the scene.
- German Gun battery at Longues-sur-mer : still intact since 75 years
- Artificial Mulberry harbour at Arromanches : you will perceive enormous blocks of reinforced concrete which are the vestiges of the artificial port which was of use to the landing. Visit of 360 museum not included. - 5.50€ per adult
During a full day you can also visit Ste-Mère Eglise with 101st airbone division (Band of Brother) and Utah Beach (landing craft, Sherman Tank, B27 Bomber).
Downlodable DocumentsMap dday landing beaches