Guided Tour D-Day
American cemetery, Omaha Beach, Point of Hoc, artificial port of Arromances. Visit the Memorial of Caen and take advantage of a guide to discover landing beaches in minibus 7places
Make your stay a real experience with package D-Day on Omaha Beach for 89€ per person.
- admission tickets for the visit of the memorial of Caen
- The (French/English) bilingual guided tour of 4 hours of landing beaches in minibus
- A notebook illustrated on the landing
The memorial of Caen
You will discover the spaces of the museum dedicated to the Second World War, to the landing and to the cold war.
The guided tour
In a 7 passenger car
- Point of Hoc : in the heart of sadness. Landscapes consisted of wide craters of shell, of bunkers, barbed wires. It is here that 225 American rangers on June 6th, 1944 landed.
- Artificial Port of Arromanches: you will perceive enormous blocks of reinforced concrete which are the vestiges of the artificial port which was of use to the landing.
- American Cemetery of Colleville-sur-mer : here rest the bodies of 9387 American soldiers died during the landing. The emotion reigns on the scene.
- Omaha Beach : dozens of thousand men are going to land at the dawn of June 6th, 1944 under bombs. The losses will be terrible.
This guided tour is not adapted to the less than 3-year-old children.
Downlodable DocumentsMap - Landing beaches and museum